Thursday, October 25, 2012

Princesses Merida & Aurora

I love this time of year. The kids get so excited about there costumes, it's the start of the holiday season and a nice time to stay home and cuddle up. 

I got the chance to make lots of fun Halloween costumes this year which believe it or not is not something I normally do. I'm usually a buy it from the store just like everyone else kinda girl. But my girls feel like it's extra special if it's homemade & I know that is not something they will always appreciate. 

I showed you Kambrias costume here. She wanted to be sleeping beauty AKA princess Aurora. We already had a dress up Aurora dress but it needed some serious TLC so I fixed it up & this is the result you can read more about that here

Deja wanted to be Merida from the movie Brave. For the most part I used this pattern.  
However she wanted long sleeves and the Meridas dress has gold accents along the top sleeves and bottom along with a gold belt. 
 So, I just added some gold sequined ribbon to the sleeves, top, and as the belt. For the bottom I just added gold fabric. 
 And of course she couldn't be Merida without the curly red hair & the bow and arrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!