Monday, October 8, 2012

Have a hole? Make a cute patch

My daughter wears a uniform to school, and honestly I have loved it. Other than the fact that Khakis are seriously made of non-child friendly material. Seriously- it's 2 months into school and her 2 pair of her pants look like this.

 I really don't want to be buying new school pants every couple of months. So I decided to patch them up.
I've already patched up the knees on these once, believe it or not.
This time I decided I would sew up the hole and add a patch to the outside for hopefully some added protection.
I just took some matching felt and cut out a heart, but you could do any shape you want.

 Pinned it over the already repaired hole and sewed it on.


I chose to use a zigzag stitch to make sure it was attached really well.
Here's hoping it will last her a little longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!