Thursday, November 15, 2012

A little fur goes a long way

Fun collars just  make everything more fun, right? So for every project you see there is one that didn't work out quite as I had planned. I saw a picture of a cute sweatshirt here. I really liked it and wanted to try and make it for myself but I was having a hard time finding a sweatshirt that I liked. I did find an inexpensive one without a hood and thought I'd try it out for Deja.  It turned out like this.

Not the worst thing ever but far from what I had in mind.  I honestly wasn't really a fan but my daughter saw it and wouldn't let me throw it away saying she likes it because it was made with mommy love :) Seriously the sweetest kid ever. She actually wore it quite a bit but every time I saw it I was a little embarrassed.  I saw this fun tutorial on adding faux fur to a baby girl hoodie here and it seemed simple enough. So I decided to give it a try.  Just measure around were you want it and cut a strip.  its pretty messy there was faux fur every where!! 
However it was so easy. I simply pinned it on all the way around tucking half an inch or so inside the sweater and sewed it on.  I sewed along in inner edge and along the outer edge. I was a little surprised by how easy it was.  The Faux Fur is long enough you almost can't even see the stitching so its easy to cover up any mistakes. I like it soooo much better.  Now I don't have to be embarrassed to see her wear it around. She loves how soft it is so that helps too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!