Monday, January 7, 2013

Add Sleeves to a Baptism Dress

 My Sweet Niece was Baptized this last weekend.  Isn't she so Darn cute?!!  

Ruby Rox Soutache Dress - Girls 7-16My Sister found this adorable dress online and completely fell in love with it.  The Only problem was that the smallest it came in was a size 10 and my cute Niece is a very small size 8.  She also preferred for it to have short sleeves.  I told her to go ahead and get it and I was sure we could make it work.  It was so easy to take in.  I simply flipped it inside out and had her try it on and pinned along the bodice.  We didn't need to do a whole lot to the skirt. The skirt had a layer on the inside to make it a bubble type skirt. I just tapered out on the inner layer of the skirt so that it would fall nicely and that's it.  Next I took a sleeve pattern to a more dressy pattern and cut out sleeves from some sheer fabric and attached them to the straps. I gathered it a bunch on top so that it would have that fun poof up top.  

Relatively simple and she looked like a princess on her special day!

1 comment:

I love your comments!!