Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Tie Onsie

Don't you just love the little boy tie onsies? So adorable! I was asked to make a few for a Christmas Boutique.  I decided to make some cute Christmasy ones.  First thing first is cut out a tie shape.  I seriously just eyeballed it.  I simply folded a piece of paper in half and drew half a tie shape and cut it out. Next I did a knot shape and cut that out. Just use that for you pattern and cut it out.
I wanted to do the Santa belt buckle look. So I decided to cut out some black ribbon. I just laid the tie over the ribbon to measure it to make sure I got the right angles and cut it out.  Next I used some gold fabric paint to paint on a buckle. Then wait for it to dry. I let it dry overnight.
Next sew the ribbon to the tie and attach the tie to the onsie.  I simply eyeballed it and pinned it on. Then I did a tight zig zag stitch all the way around to make sure it was nice a secure in place.  So cute and simple.  Love making stuff for little boys since I never get a chance to :)

These are for sale in my Etsy store if anyone is interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!