Friday, September 28, 2012

Ribbon Flower tutorial


 Aren't these little flower clips so cute! 

I looked everywhere for the perfect hair clip for our family pictures, but could never find exactly what I was looking for. So I decided to make something with the 3 colors in the girls' skirt to tie it all together.


All you do is pick out your ribbon & warm up your glue gun. You put glue on the edge of the the ribbon and bunch it to get a small mound. 

Be super careful not to burn yourself. Those glue guns get hot. Then you just twist the ribbon and wrap it around itself, adding small dots of glue as you go. 

Once you get it to the desired size, go ahead and clip the remaining ribbon.

 If you want, you can stop there, or you can keep going with more flowers to create a cluster. I attached the 3 flowers I made to a circle of felt with a dab of hot glue. I then glued on some pearls for added bling. And attached some pink feathers & netting.

I think they turned out so fun. 


To the back of the felt I attached the hair clip & I also attached a broach pin so it can be pinned to their little white sweaters or clipped in there hair.


 I did the same thing with this apron I gave as a gift. I just didn't add the hair clip. I wanted the flowers to be detachable so she wouldn't have to throw them in the wash if she needed to wash the apron. 

All of these beautiful family pictures were taken by Andrea Tuft Photography. You can check out her blog here. She's AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!