Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ruffle crib skirt

I feel so guilty that I haven’t blogged in forever. Life has been a little crazy lately. But I've still been sewing nonstop & have lots of projects I'm excited to show you!  The first of which is this gorgeous ruffled crib skirt.
    My beautiful cousin is expecting her 2nd daughter this summer and fell in love with the idea of a ruffle crib skirt. However, she fell in love with them before she realized how much they cost. These puppies start at about $200 and go up from there. That's just for the crib skirt all by itself. I told her I'd be happy to help her out.
  Her nursery is going to be mint & salmon. With chevron accents. So cute! 
  I used just under 5 yards of fabric. I just made a basic bed skirt & then layered it with ruffles. It's honestly pretty time consuming which is probably why they can be so pricy. But in the end, it's gorgeous & can be a beautiful focal point to the crib. I'm hoping to find the time to make something similar for my girls big girl beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!!